Providing free advocacy support to vulnerable residents in Oxfordshire
WHAT CAN AN ADVOCATE DO?
An advocate can:
- listen to you
- help you to plan any action you may need or wish to take
- write letters and make telephone calls with you, or for you
- ensure your views are heard by attending meetings/reviews with you
- obtain information for you, or put you in touch with someone who can
- spend time with you preparing for meetings
- investigate alternative sources of support
- increase communication levels between yourself and others
- find out what your rights are
- liaise with relevant agencies.